It’s that time of year again–The cold hits and our electric bill takes a hit! Why not save that money for holiday gifts instead? Here are 6 ways to warm up your home this winter without blasting the heat!
1. Buy or make a draft snake to block draft coming in from underneath the door. Drafts can waste 5% to 30% of your energy use.
2. Change your filters once a month to allow a good airflow. Keep your furnace clean and properly adjusted to avoid air restriction. You will save up to 5% of the heat cost.
3. Turn down your water heater. Most water heaters are set at 140 degrees, but they only need to be set to 120 degrees. This will reduce your water heating cost by 6%-10%.
5. Use caulking and weatherstripping to seal up gaps. Any leaks can sap home energy efficiency by 5% to 30% a year.
6. Invest in an energy monitor. This device measures your electrical usage and projecst your bill each month. You will save 15%-20% on each bill.
6 Ways to Warm up Your Home This Winter by HouseHunt