Navigating the way to homeownership can be tricky. Buying a home is a long, involved process, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult one. Here are 25 infographics for buying a home. They visually present why buying is better than renting, the buying process, guides to loan programs, the cost of homeownership, what type of house you should buy, and more!
For 25 Infographics for Selling a House, click here.
Check ‘em out:
- Buy Now or Keep Saving?: Getting a mortgage is a huge commitment, so before you start seriously considering buying a home, find out how much of a down payment you should save for.
- How to Buy a Home: This infographic takes you through the process, from whether you should rent or buy to escrow.
- Buying vs. Renting for Long-Term Responsibility: Learn why buying is more fiscally responsible than renting in the long run.
- The True Cost of Homeownership: A look at buying vs. renting including a year-by-year financial analysis.
- Am I Ready to Buy a House?: Use this flowchart to determine if you’re really ready—financially and mentally—to purchase a home.
- Taking the Plunge into Home Ownership: What relationship benefits come with buying a home with your spouse.
- The Road to Homeownership: A start-to-finish road map to the home buying process.
- Buying a House: A Step-By-Step Overview: A general overview taking you from the home search to closing.
- Do I Qualify for a Mortgage Loan?: Answer the questions in the flowchart to determine if a bank will give you a loan.
- Your Guide to the VA Loan Process: A pretty infographic guiding you from prequalifying to the underwriting of a VA home loan.
- What’s in a Mortgage Payment?: A monthly mortgage breakdown of P.I.T.I. based on putting five to 20 percent down.
- How Much Home Can You Afford?: A look at how lenders determine how much money you can borrow.
- What’s Right for You?: Take a look at your options and a breakdown of property styles, from single family homes and condos to townhomes.
- Should You Buy a Fixer-Upper?: A flowchart that helps you decide if buying a fixer-upper is the right choice for you and your lifestyle.
- How Far Does Your Real Estate Dollar Go?: Where you live matters. Find out the range of home prices around the nation and where you’ll get the biggest bang for your buck.
- 10 House Hunting Tips: 10 ways to make finding your new home easier.
- “Real” Estate Vocabulary: Find out what those MLS property descriptions really mean before heading out to see a home.
- The Path to Buying a Home: Nine steps to stress-free home-buying.
- From Finding to Buying a Home in 7 Easy Steps: On your marks, get set, go! From planning to moving in seven steps.
- Local is Best: Using a local brokerage means seeing more homes and new listings faster.
- Home Buying: You vs. Your Parents: The difference between the housing market then and now, and how you can learn from differences in PTI, mortgage payments and affordability.
- Trick or Check: What to check for before you involve a home inspector so that you don’t get tricked into buying a home with serious problems.
- Discover Damages Caused by Household Mold: Why you should get a mold inspection before buying a home.
- Pros and Cons of Moving Methods: Now that you’ve found the right home, what moving method should you consider? Check out these different moving options.
- Big Home Changes on a Small Budget: How to get the most for your money when furnishing, painting and decorating your new home.
We hope the infographics are helpful in your home buying journey. Remember, although the buying process may seem daunting, it can be incredibly informative and enjoyable if you do your homework and choose the right agent for you.
25 Infographics for Buying a Home by HouseHunt